Taj Mahal location at Dharmapuri, Forest Colony, Tajganj, Agra, Uttar Pradesh 282001, India. Agra, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, is about 213 kilometers (132.352 miles) from New Delhi. It is part of the popular Golden Triangle tourist circuit in India. The palace covers a total area of 17 hectares (170,000 m). Its construction was started in 1832. Construction was completed in 1653. The total height of the Taj Mahal is 63 meters. It is one of the types of Mughal architecture. The architectural style of the Taj Mahal was Mughal architecture. The main purpose of its construction was to give a gift to his wife and Shah Jahan built this building for his wife to keep his memories. It is made of marble. The Taj Mahal was built by Ustad Ahmad Lahori. More than 7000000 visitors visit the Taj Mahal every year.
To join Agra when coming from another country, one has to pass through New Delhi, which is more than 200 kilometers away from there. To get from one city to another you must take one of the two highways, which is expected to complete the journey in 3 hours. Don’t be surprised at the slowness of the distance, it takes much longer to cover the distance due to traffic in India.
To find out more about the best way to get there, visit the Agra City folder.
Taj Mahal Location Distances:
Distance to the Taj Mahal from some parts of India:
- The distance from Agra city to the Taj Mahal is 5.3 kilometers. The Taj Mahal is located 5.3 kilometers from Agra. You can take a taxi. Taxis will take 12 to 15 minutes to cross this route.
- 658 km from Taj Mahal location Kushinagar International Airport, QVFW+7HC, Kushinagar – Ramkola Rd, Narainpur, Uttar Pradesh 274403, India
- 213 km from Delhi,
- 1956 km from Chennai,
- Located 1205 km from Mumbai,
- Located 1340 km from Kolkata,
Distance from other countries to the Taj Mahal:
For curiosity, know that the Taj Mahal / Taj Mahal Location for another country:
- 4047 kilometers from the Emerald Buddha Temple in Thailand,
- 6 748 kilometers from the Eiffel Tower in Bangkok,
- 3,792 km from the Forbidden City of Beijing,
- 6,895 km from the Tower of London,
- 11,959 km from the Statue of Liberty and
- 14,457 km from Rio Christ the Redeemer!